Sunday, February 18, 2007

E-mail Etiquette

I was reading an article about how to write a formal email to your employer. When writing an email to your employer, make sure that you address the person in the correct manner, Mr./Ms. so and so. The common mistakes that writer make are mispellings and poor grammar, no capitalization, being too informal, spelling words the way the sound, and use emoticons. These mistakes should be avoided when you're sending a formal email. When writing your email make sure that you fully understand who your audience is and what is the purpose of the email. When you are finished with the email, make sure that you proofread, check for errors, and name your document accordingly.

Here's the link to the article.
http://www.jobweb.com/Resources/Library/Correspondence_for_the_Job/Email_Etiquette_A_209_01.htm

After reading the article, I can relate it to what we are studying in class. The article is a summary of what we are practicing in class right now. The article talks about audience, purpose, and formal writing. That's exactly what we are doing right now. Besides relating the two together. I have learned a lot more about writing an informal email to my employer or my supervisor. I know what to address and how to organize my writing after reading the article. The article has helped me to go over and beyong what is learned in class and get a different point of view. This article should be read by all students who are learning about professional writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home